MikroTik App

candybuster
just joined
Topic Author

rb2011il-rm - IP assigning issue

Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:12 am

Hi All

I have a rb2011il-rm

my setup is a ISP router in bridge mode and my rb2011il-rm acts as my router.

In the last several weeks i noticed lots of disconnects (my laptop - Desktop LAN cable connected through a patch panel at home office)

Anyways on the weekend i decided to try and sort it, usually disabling and re-enabling lan port on desktop for example would fix the issue.

I was suspecting faulty patch panel or faulty ports on mikrotik as its quite old now .

So i bypassed the patch panel and same thing occurred. I then tried to use a different unused port on my rb2011il-rm and same thing.

It happened this evening and i said id check IPCONFIG on desktop when it happens, as i never lose access to internet from the router, im always able to ping out to say 8.8.8.8

On my PC when i do ipconfig i can see that somehow randomly the router is assigning my desktop the public IP address that my router uses

It usually give me something from the 10.10.10.* range (private IP) and now it happened again and again i see it has given my desktop its own IP the public IP

Is this a known issue or is it to do with my config ? the config on the rb2011il-rm has been the same last few years i made no changes.

Any help appreciated.