Community discussions

MikroTik App

realmark
just joined
Topic Author

[Feature Request] Streaming telemetry: native metric export for influxdb or similar

Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:15 am

First, love the recent addition of Zerotier. Thought I'd try campaigning for a native build of telegraf or something similar. We've been using push-based metrics/streaming telemetry from Azure Sonic, OpnSense, and generic Linux firewalls to great effect for a while now. Would absolutely love to be able to deploy entire edge networks that auto-report metrics back.

Been building my own scripts (quite ugly at the moment), inspired by this:
http://jeremyhall.com.au/push-routeros- ... -influxdb/

Unfortunately, been having a bear of a time with some of the mods we need in production.

I feel that push-based metrics represent a huge leap forward in simplifying large numbers of network devices, especially those distributed through diverse networks (MSP or enterprise remote-worker gear)

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: [Feature Request] Streaming telemetry: native metric export for influxdb or similar

Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:40 am

+1 :)

nerdafterdark
just joined

Re: [Feature Request] Streaming telemetry: native metric export for influxdb or similar

Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:44 am

+1!

Currently running Telegraf on Cumulus switches with default interfaces/cpu/kernel metrics to InfluxDB.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:28 am

Maybe it is better to join this topic: viewtopic.php?t=186352
That is where MikroTik tries to collect requirements for management/monitoring of larger networks.