Community discussions

MikroTik App

zero1813
just joined
Topic Author

CRS312-4C+8XG SwithOS 2.13 auto negotiation on 1Gbps copper

Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:03 pm

Hi All

New to Mikrotik having problems with Huawei ONT device provided by ISP for 1Gbps FTTP, when I connect the network cable to Port1 on CRS312-4C+8XG running SwitchOS 2.13 in the link will tab it shows Port1 with “No Link”.

I thought no drama I will just turn off Auto Negotiation, tried this and set it to 1G with Full Duplex, but it still fails to connect and show up as "Link on"

I rebooted into RouterOS and same behaviour with no link LED, but if I also turn off Auto Negotiation and remove all the advertised speeds other than 1000M full, it establishes connection no problems and is stable and routes traffic.

I then rebooted back into SwitchOS, put back to auto negotiation, and this time put a dumb switch in between Port1 and ONT and it brings up link fine…and is stable and getting full gigabit speeds though WAN.

Any ideas if I’m missing something silly or if the is a wider issue, would like to use SwitchOS as it looks nice and simple for my needs, of bringing in 2 x 1Gbps WAN in and out over VLAN over 10Gbps to 2 firewalls for HA.

I did try to get into the ONT’s Lan for web GUI but like most ISP they locked it down, was hoping I could have set that end permanently 1Gbps

Thanks in advanced