Community discussions

MikroTik App

spujols
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with several wAP with 2 devices - No internet on 2nd device

Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:20 pm

Good evening,

I have 2 independent warehouses with 6 wAP installed on each one, all of them working at -20ºC. The signal of the 6 APs on the first warehouse doesn't arrive to the other 6, but all of them are connected to the same network and confiured intogether in the capman. Inside theses warehoses are working and moving several vehicles with a industrial device connected via wifi. When the first devices enters and connects in each warehouse it works perfectly: can navigate to the Internet and connect everywhere needed. However, when a second devices enters (it doesn't matter on whick warehouse and what kind of devices (cell phone, tablet, laptop, etc.), it stablishes the wifi connection with the nearest AP but it has no visibility to any webpage/site on the Internet or in the LAN. If I execute a traceroute, the signal doesn't arrive to our gateway and doesn't leave the AP.

So, I just can have 2 devices working on that sites, one on each. What can be the reason that generates this problem?

As I told all the devices are configured in a Capman and have the same configuration (can be sent if needed to analyse this problem).

Thanks in advance for your help.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problem with several wAP with 2 devices - No internet on 2nd device

Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:53 pm

How are the caps connected inside the building ?
How are the buildings connected to capsman controller ?
A small drawing might clarify things there too.

Best to post config of the device acting as capsman controller and 1 wap (if all are indeed configured the same).

/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish
Review export for sensitive remaining info (serial numbers, secret keys, public IP, ...) and post between [code] quotes.