Community discussions

MikroTik App

matamouros
just joined
Topic Author

CAPsMAN: only one pre-configured channel per configuration?

Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:47 am

Hi, I've predefined a bunch of channels on 2.4 and 5GHz - nothing arcane, just the regular stuff for the country I'm in. But I seem to only be able to add one of those channels per configuration - is that right or am I missing something? What's the recommended way to list a bunch of pre-configured channels on my configuration on Winbox (with custom tx power, width, etc), so that CAPsMAN chooses from a list instead either just one or whatever it damn well pleases?

In the screenshot below you can see that I can only add one channel - do I need multiple configurations, one for each channel? (surely not, right?)
Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 18.20.36.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CAPsMAN: only one pre-configured channel per configuration?

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:17 am

On the channel tab, you have the option to specify multiple frequencies if you use the down-pointing arrow.
Adjust name accordingly.

But ... that may result in closeby CAPs using the same channel-definition to be operating on the same frequency (hence disturbing each other), which may not be what you want.

Ca6ko

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:30 pm

It is best to select the channels manually. Automatic frequency selection does not work well yet.
The frequency can be set directly in the CAP interface

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:14 pm

Another vote for manual channel setting.