Community discussions

MikroTik App

TyS
just joined
Topic Author

RBM33G - Lost of LTE Interface when doing Upgrade

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:53 am

Greetings to everyone who bothers to read :)

In our company, we always used Mikrotik when it comes to have connectivity either through fiber cable or via LTE.

For this last deployment, we have chosen to use the Mikrotik RBM33G which comes with two LTE interfaces and one mini-LTE interface, since this model has been used in the past and we've got quite good results.

At first instance we had no problems, as the configuration we performed wasn't very complicated and connectivity was achieved via LTE. The problem came because, when we updated the firmware of the device (we went from version 6.46.6 to 6.46.7), the LTE connectivity has disappeared, since the LTE interface is not even detected by the RBM33G router.

The steps we have followed to try to recover the LTE connectivity are the following:

- All LTE interfaces have been tried without success.
- Restored the router to factory settings, without success as well.
- Downgraded the firmware and routerOS, but the LTE tab is still not displayed.
- Tested the LTE tab on devices with the same model (untouched), and was detected without problems (not a failure of the LTE modem).
- Tried different LTE modems on the router with problems and it still doesn't detect the LTE interface (so the fault lies in the motherboard).

The model used for the LTE is the R11e-LTE MikroTik 2G/3G/4G/LTE, so no compatibility issues.

Is there anything I can do without having to return these models with the LTE problems? I have already tried everything I could think of and I see that the failure to detect the LTE isn't going to fix

Best regards,

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RBM33G - Lost of LTE Interface when doing Upgrade

Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:22 pm

Change of RouterOS version not change the communication with mPCIe slot...
You should check if this lte module is still detected in System > Resources > USB .
I read you test many stuff but first I hope you write to support@mikrotik.com because you should have see still both devices.

I know only that LTE-US + LTE6 OR 2x LTE-US cannot work together by USB EndPoint limitation describe here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=163399&p=804739&hi ... ts#p804739

TyS
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RBM33G - Lost of LTE Interface when doing Upgrade

Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:03 pm

Change of RouterOS version not change the communication with mPCIe slot...
You should check if this lte module is still detected in System > Resources > USB .
I read you test many stuff but first I hope you write to support@mikrotik.com because you should have see still both devices.

I know only that LTE-US + LTE6 OR 2x LTE-US cannot work together by USB EndPoint limitation describe here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=163399&p=804739&hi ... ts#p804739
Hello, sorry for not answering about this topic.

We contacted our Mikrotik provider and it seemed that it was some units that had this problem (we have nearly 50 RBM33G and only these news units with newer firmware had this problem).

By processing the warranty and retesting, this LTE interface was no longer lost.

Nevertheless, your information was valuable since we have some LtAP that can have this problem and are stored since we "though" they died because of overheat

Thanks a lot :)!