Community discussions

MikroTik App

kyanox
just joined
Topic Author

CCR1009 and Cisco 3750G

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:06 pm

So here's what i've got and I'm looking for advice.
I've got a CCR1009 currently running with a bridged link into the Cisco 7350G.
The 3750G only had SFP ports and copper so I created from Port 2 and SFP a LACP bridge to the cisco.
This works great sort of.

What I'm thinking I can do is the switch can handle OSPF and intervlan routing, it can't do NAT I don't think (not supported but some basic functionality is there).
I'd like to take advantage of the switch and its wire level asic switching while using the CCR1009 as a route processor.

I'm thinking I can drop my internet connection into the 3750G, it pulls a public IP over DHCP from the internet provider, put that on one VLAN.
Set my LAN on VLAN 20, 10.0.0.0/16 and use the CCR to act as a route processor.

I'm trying to figure out the config. The switch itself can recieve routes from the router over various protocols, OSPF, BGP. So effectually I want to use it as a route processor to tell the switch how to route packets. I'm not sure if this will be possible without using NAT. Any advice is welcome.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CCR1009 and Cisco 3750G

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:14 pm

This works great sort of.
When using 802.3ad, you should know that all links participating in the aggregation must operate at the same speed and duplex mode..
In your case you've aggregated an SFP+ port with an ethernet port.

https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... ng-802.3ad

kyanox
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CCR1009 and Cisco 3750G

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:26 pm

Sorry, i'm using the SFP port with an ethernet port. Both are running at 1gig. The SFP+ port is still free. I may upgrade to a new switch to utilize the SFP plus. Basically aggregating the links was done to create more bandwidth to the switch itself.

I'm not sure if I can offload NAT to the switch. Strangely enough i can run a sh ip nat translations and it doesn't reject the command, so im curious if maybe in an unsupported state it can take a nat table?