Community discussions

MikroTik App

NTFS
just joined
Topic Author

CAPsMAN and VLAN trunk issue

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:41 pm

Hi,

I have a full working CAPsMAN router (hEX 6.48.6 long term) that receive a VLAN trunk (10 and 20) from a main router (hEX 6.48.6 long term).
When I connect a wAP to a trunk port of CAPsMAN router all works correctly and AP receive the provisioning.

Now If connect the trunk port of CAPsMAN to an Huawei S5720 switch trunk port 1 (with good working trunk configuration on the same 10 and 20 VLAN), and I connect the AP con port 2 (with the same trunk configuration), I have no wAP CAP working. The AP don't receive the provisioning.
I have checked VLAN configuration of Huawei S5720 ports but I have only a Layer 2 working mode with no VLAN filtering and no port isolation.

Any suggestion ?
Can be a Layer 2 routing problem ?

Thanks in advance.

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: CAPsMAN and VLAN trunk issue

Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:47 am

Plug wAP to hEX works? Yes

Plug Huawei port 1 into same port used by wAP and same wAP to Huawei port 2 works? ????

If no, problem exists in Huawei configuration not behaving as expected. Problem at Layer 2 or 2.5 in Huawei? probably

Maybe test both cables in wAP to hEX setup before adding Huawei to mix.

Hold as many variables equal as you can while inserting the Huawei into a known working setup.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:32 pm

Why do you need capsman? If not essential why not have a working config.

NTFS
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:53 pm

Plug wAP to hEX works? Yes

Plug Huawei port 1 into same port used by wAP and same wAP to Huawei port 2 works? ????

If no, problem exists in Huawei configuration not behaving as expected. Problem at Layer 2 or 2.5 in Huawei? probably

Maybe test both cables in wAP to hEX setup before adding Huawei to mix.

Hold as many variables equal as you can while inserting the Huawei into a known working setup.

It's a Huawei config problem or bug. I have solved adding in Huawei configuration VLAN 1 to VLAN trunk used by CAPsMAN and wAP.
Now provisioning works but I have to test if wireless client works.