Community discussions

MikroTik App

Expelliamus
just joined
Topic Author

wifi2 android key handshake timeout

Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:08 am

recently bought a hap ac3 to touch wave2 and wpa3 stuff
using a minimal config: country, band, channel width in configuration and auth types(WPA2+WPA3) and passphrase in security

my laptop is working good, but my android device is getting disconnected every several minuets with the following in the log:

and it is not trying to reconnect

please help!

ddejager
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: wifi2 android key handshake timeout

Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:14 pm

I also see this. Any suggestions?

Ovic
just joined

Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:55 am

Hello. What's your routerOS version on the device ?

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:29 am

Latest version where this was addressed/fixed is 7.4.
So yes, which version are you using ?

I also have AC3 (actually 2, one on 7.4 and one on 7.5b8) and using Samsung S20, it works with WPA3.

BrateloSlava
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:55 am

Export the settings in the text format of your router. Delete all private information. Post it here on the forum. In code tags.

ddejager
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:23 pm

I'm using either 7.4.1 (with WAVE2 on an Audience) or 6.49.6 on two 951UI routers (acting as AP switch only) all in one customer's house, all connected via ethernet, no repeaters, no WDS. Most devices work fine, but the customers iPhone (running IOS 15.5) was having serious trouble with handshake timeout reports every few minutes. I've change the group key update interval to a day on the 951UIs and to an hour on the Audience (since that is the longest time allowed by WAVE2). The problem has been significantly reduced, but not entirely eliminated. I've not yet tried to increase the disconnect timeout above the default of three seconds (this thread suggests a value of 15 seconds) because I'm unsure of the impact on roaming when the customer moves around the house.

I've also see up access lists to drop stations when the signal is too weak and force re-association to a stronger AP, but this did not help things. (I have the same results even if I disable all the access lists.)

I think this is either an issue with the customer's phone (though the customer also tells me it happens on their iPad) or with IOS, since none of the 20+ other devices in the house have this issue, not does my Android phone as I move about the house.