MikroTik App

mikeedinglis
just joined
Topic Author

2 MikroTik routers 1 switch

Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:19 pm

Hey guys! Hope you're all well!
So i'm doing a setup:
Main CCR driving the office, cameras, guest network and CRS354 as a switch. These all have been deployed by me. VLANs are being used

I am doing bridges for each vlan, not the most efficient setup, but the one that was best for me.

After that there is a Hap Hex, driving the PBX system of the hotel, a setup which i can't touch or modify as it has been deployed by another company. They've got their own switch in the rack, no problem there. The issue is that the UniFi APs which have a 'native' lan and can read all the vlans (trunk) are being driven by the CCR router.
How can i pass down the trunk port VLAN2362 of the hap hex which is not my main router so i can create a wifi network for the portable ip phones alongside the guest and camera networks?

Thanks

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: 2 MikroTik routers 1 switch

Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:49 am

Can you provide me which model is the hap hex. Never heard of a wifi capable hex device?

Also to ensure understanding can you provide a network diagram. I dont understand your setup if the ccr goes to a switch but then all of a sudden the switch doesnt talk to the APs etc.......

mikeedinglis
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 pm

The hap hex isn't wifi enabled.
The wifi is driven by U6-LRs
The question is how can I pass down vlans from 2 routers to the trunk AP ports of the switch?
Basically the trunk port coming from the CRS Router is just passed down to the APs now. I have to add VLAN2362 from the hap hex to the trunk port going to the APs.
Both routers are connected to the CRS354 switch.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:03 pm

Network Diagram please as you are contradicting the earlier text.
What you are attempting to do is easy enough once we have accurate facts.

Please provide current config of both MT devices........ ( for the CCR, ensure you hide an public WANIP info)
Also, I cannot locate the hap hex.
Can you please let me know which model you are speaking of from this list.....
https://mikrotik.com/products/group/ethernet-routers

Do concur that ubiquiti has a bastardized approach to expecting the managment vlan untagged while all data lans are tagged. All vlans should be tagged (aka trunk port out from previous device to trunk port on ubiquiti). There insistence on both devices to use hybrid ports is plain stupid.

mikeedinglis
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:21 pm

It's hEX S. I can provide you with the config of the switch and router, but not of the hEX S as it's not managed by me.
I am using hybrid ports, where all are on lan200 and the other ones are tagged.

Please have a look at the diagram and you'll understand exactly what i'm asking for

Thank you!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:16 pm

Not sure what the problem is...........
The managment vlan for the CCR and CRS should be the same.
If you want that to be the same for the Ubiquiti........ that would make sense, and assuming its 200.

Trunk port all vlans from CCR to CRS at both ends of the cable, you have trunk port from HexS carrying two vlans, you dont really care about 88 so much but just accept 2632 vlan on the trunk port at the CRS.
For the hybrid port to the ubiquite.
vlan200 if that is the management vlan will go untagged when departing the CRS, while the rest of the vlans including 2632 go tagged to the ubiquiti.

Where is the problem??
You only need one bridge on the CRS by the way.,

mikeedinglis
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:22 pm

That's exactly how i thought it would work, but for some reason it can't detect VLAN2362 from the hex s. I add the vlan to the interface, and it just doesn't work, it says no ip

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:26 pm

And I wont either unless you provide complete configs of both, just hide any PUBLIC WANIP information if applicable.