Community discussions

MikroTik App

jjjacer
just joined
Topic Author

mAP lite no ethernet link or wifi broadcasting.

Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:19 pm

After trying to setup a mAP lite as an AP it stopped responding to its IP and couldnt reach it via wireless or lan.

Tried resetting to defaults (hold reset, power device, wait about 11 seconds till ap/cap light blinks and release, then when device resets powercycle it)
and now it no longer broadcasts a wifi signal (wifi led is off) and has no ethernet link.

looking at other posts i tried double tapping the reset button to turn on wifi but doesnt appear to work.

not sure if trying to reset to defaults bricked it or not,

Any ideas what i can try (as i said, no wifi broadcasting or ethernet link so i cant just connect to it to fix it, im not sure if there is a special button press or not to get this working)

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: mAP lite no ethernet link or wifi broadcasting.

Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:16 pm

Netinstall and keep pressing reset until it appears.
Assuming eth port still works.

I have 1 map lite with busted eth port. So very tricky to reconfigure it.

jjjacer
just joined
Topic Author

Re: mAP lite no ethernet link or wifi broadcasting.

Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:31 am

I hooked it up directly to my laptop and got an ethernet link, after enabling a dhcp server (tftpd64) i was able to access it via netinstall and enable wifi.

however plugging it back in the switch,i had no link.

Tried another cable and i got a link, but it was only 10/Full and seemed to have one way traffic, tried another cable and same thing, tried another port, and then another switch.

Went back to my laptop and now the ethernet does the same thing, shows a link but doesnt really pass any traffic anymore.

not sure if a dud or not. it be nice to have some serial interface so i can see what its OS see's when this happens.

ill keep working on it, but if nothing back to amazon i go.