Community discussions

MikroTik App

TheLorc
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

My ISP has changed my public IP and now inbound calls to my on premises phone system won't work

Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:42 pm

Anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

Do I need to restart the Mikrotik router to get the port forwarding rules working again?

Essentially the setup I have is:

SIP Trunk provider receives a call when someone rings our business DID. This then uses the static IP I have set up in the phone carrier dashboard, along with UDP port 5060, and sends the call to my FreePBX on premises server located behind my mikrotik router.

So the call goes Phone -> SIP Trunk provider -> Public IP port 5060 on Mikrotik router -> Switches -> FreePBX on private LAN -> Rings extension deskphones and softphone applications registered to it via SIP

Now, I can't seem to get the FreePBX server to recognise a call on it from the SIP Trunk provider. The phone call does not hit the FreePBX server when I ring our DID. It does however reach the SIP Trunk provider, as I can see call logs on their dashboard.

This was working fine up until yesterday when our Public IP seemed to change by our ISP. Not sure why but we have a dynamic IP from our ISP unfortunately and it has to be like that.

The Public IP I get when I do 'whats my ip' on google is the same as that which is listed in Mikrotik Winbox -> Quick Set -> Internet -> PPPoE Internet address

So not sure what is wrong. I don't think any settings were dependent on that public IP and the NAT Forwarding rules have stayed the same.

Edit: I have added a photo attachment showing that I have two interfaces as 'WAN'. On my NAT firewall rules, I have set the port forwarding rule for UDP to be 'In Interface List' = WAN. Could this be the issue that there are two interfaces defined as WAN?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TheLorc on Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: My ISP has changed my public IP and now inbound calls to my on premises phone system won't work  [SOLVED]

Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:45 pm

Do I need to restart the Mikrotik router to get the port forwarding rules working again?
... can't believe you didn't even try to reboot the Router and the PBX before posting here ...

TheLorc
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: My ISP has changed my public IP and now inbound calls to my on premises phone system won't work

Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:49 pm

removed unnedded quotation
Well on my old router I didn't have to do that

TheLorc
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: My ISP has changed my public IP and now inbound calls to my on premises phone system won't work

Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:54 pm

removed unnedded quotation
Rebooting the mikrotik router worked. Thanks lol