Community discussions

MikroTik App

kingfishx
just joined
Topic Author

CHR EoIP issue

Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:03 pm

Hello everyone.
I have an issue with EoIP. We planned to deploy 2 CHR's in two different DC's to connect two physical MK routers with EoIP over those CHR's because we have no authentication to access them.
We created one VM(windows with firewall turned off) on each site to represent those physical MKR's, gave it private IP in 172.16.254.0/24 range, connected directly to CHR. On CHR's are EoIP tunnels created with normal and working configuration. I placed EoIP and ether(leading to VM) in bridge, and the moment I place ether interface in bridge, I am no longer able to ping CHR or VM from CHR, when I create address on CHR as .1 and place .1 as gw on VM they can ping each other, as soon as I place it in bridge for EoIP, they can't reach each other even being connected directly in cluster. I tried turning firewall off, with different IP addresses, over different ether's, tunnel config was checked by 3 people and it was okay, with good interfaces in bridge and overall classic configuration. The sole reason for that is so that physical MK routers can communicate with each other. That is why we presented them with VM's to test it. I tried same config in eve-ng and everything worked. Could there be an issue with MAC addresses of VM's and CHR's mixing or something, because EoIP is based on L2. It's really weird and I have no clue what to do anymore. I will post a scheme so if anyone minds to check and gives any tips/clues I'd be welcome.
In log I get when trying to ping from one site to another : bridge port received packet with its own address as source (possible loop)
Both CHR's are IC'd for management and can ping each other and trace route over public IP's
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CHR EoIP issue

Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:02 am

From that error likely the same MAC address used at both sites. Post your configuration.

kingfishx
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CHR EoIP issue

Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:23 pm

Yep that was the issue, we found out that vswitch changes MAC's so it wasn't up to MK but vswitch itself and VM's. Will try physical approach with routers, I'll reply here if it won't work then with configs since they've been checked few times and everything was good.