Topic Author

unable to see my mikrotik router in winbox via a switch

Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:01 pm

Hello for all my friends here...!
so first this is the components of my network
Huawei router, Mikrotik 951ui Ros, 4 CRS3xx Mikrotik switches
my situation like this ..
the mikrotik router connected to huawei router via Eth1 -(WAN interface)-
and the Mikrotik router connected to CRS-1 via Eth2, and CRS-1 and CRS-2 and CRS-3 and CRS-4 are connected to each other
so when i plug my patch cord on any swiches i can see all other switches, but i can not see my router..! i enabled romon on switch and router and after this i reach my router but i couldnt connected to it
i also disable all my firewall rule and put my Neighbor to dynamic but with no avail, so please any one encounter such issue before...?
Last edited by Techsystem on Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: unable to see my mikrotik router in winbox via a switch

Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:54 am

Yup have seen something similar. It means your config is messed up.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:59 am

Without knowing your config, we would be guessing. Please export your configuration.
To export and paste your configuration (and I'm assuming you are using WebFig or Winbox), open a terminal window,
and type (without the quotes) "/export hide-sensitive file=any-filename-you-wish". Then open the files section
and right click on the filename you created and select download in order to download the file to your computer.
It will be a text file with whatever name you saved to with an extension of .rsc. Open that file in your favorite
text editor and redact any sensitive information if desired / needed. Then in your message here, click the code
display icon in the toolbar above the text entry (the code display icon is the 7th one from the left and looks
like a square with a blob in the middle). Then paste the text from the file in between the two code words in brackets.

Techsystem
Topic Author

Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:32 am

so i can understand from this discussion that in general i have to see my miktoik router when i connect to my switch..?

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:01 am

Yes you should be able to access your router from where ever you allow. As anav pointed out, and I implied, you likely have something messed up in your configuration. Please post your configuration as I posted instructions above. Without seeing that, we are just guessing.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:19 am

Please post your configuration as I posted instructions above. Without seeing that, we are just guessing.
Could be a problem when he's unable to reach it ...

Try to connect directly to the router (NOT using ethernet 1 since on most device it's predefined as WAN and might be blocked for external access).
Using Winbox, you should see it appearing in Neighbours.

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:48 am

From what I have understand.

LLDP and CDP are only for each link and will stop with any switch. Used only to see closest neighbor, nothing more.
MNDP (MikroTik Neighbor Discovery protocol) do travers all switces, so you are able to see what is connected to the other side of switches, not just current connected link.

So you should have settings like this under IP->Neighbor->Discovery Settings:
Neighbors.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Techsystem
Topic Author

Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:26 pm

thanks for every replay from all of you..!
so the problem was in switch itself, i reset the switch and remove the default setting on it and created a bridge that contain all interface .
then i was able to see my router.