Community discussions

MikroTik App

dabodae
just joined
Topic Author

Reset configuration "freeze" map lite

Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:08 pm

Hello,
everytime I reset a mAP lite with v6.42.9 it sets wlan mode to station and disable the wifi; someone can tell me why?
It happens whether I reset manually (pressing the reset button before applying power and holding until led blinking) or via winbox (terminal or button 'reset configuration')

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Reset configuration "freeze" map lite

Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:11 pm

Likely because that's what the reset configuration includes.

But I have to ask, why such an ancient version of ROS? If for no other reason, update to a newer version in order to plug the security hole allowing easy remote hacking that was fixed several years ago.

AidanAus
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:08 am

I might disagree with you there K6ccc, all the documentation on the map lite suggests connecting to its wireless interface for install configuration, this would suggest that the wlan1 interface should be set up as ap bridge when reset?

Dabodae, are you able to see any other configuration on the device when it resets? easy way to see if the device has the default config is to go to IP>firewall>filter and see if there are any entries in there.
If resetting the device leave it blank or with another configuration it might of been netinstalled or a branding package used to it changed the default configuration, to restore this please use the netinstall tool :)

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:13 am

When device is reset to defaults, it may end up with certain configuration profile applied. Which profile is applied depends on device type (and potential custom default config script). And mAP lite is a prime candidate to reset it to something called CPE where it'll use wireless interface as uplink. Ethernet ports are configured as LAN. Other default configuration profiles assume ether1 as WAN interface (as DHCP client), other interfaces (including wireless) will be likely configured as LAN ports and one has to use one of those to further configure device (in case of mAP lite with single ether port this means it's only possible to access management interface via wireless interface).
IFAIK when device is reset to defaults (via button or via command) only "custom" settings are reverted while configuration profile isn't changed. One can change profile via quickset interface.

When device is reset to no configuration, nothing is active apart from ether ports (one needs to use winbox in MAC connection mode or MAC telnet to access device and start configuring it).

When device is netinstalled, it'll assume either of these two modes, depending on netinstall settings.