Community discussions

MikroTik App

mhenriques
Topic Author

How to deal with SNMP array within a probe

Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:42 am

Hello

We have an small GPON network and we'd like to receive an alarm from DUDE if any of our ONUs gets disabled more than "X" times. We can snmpwalk the OLT MIB via the following OID

iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.enterprisesx10428.enterprisesx10428x9.furukawa.fkMgmt.fkGpon.fkGponOnu.fkGponOnuTable.fkGponOnuEntry

and obtain an array where one of the columns is the deactivation down count for each ONU (see attached figure). The values I'm interested are in the "DownCount" column (fkGponOnuDownCount - INTEGER32).

Can anybody please walk me through how to create a SNMP Probe to alarm if any of the count values is above "X"?

Thanks for any help.
Maurício
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mhenriques
Topic Author

Re: How to deal with SNMP array within a probe

Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:05 pm

Hello again

I've managed to create a Function that will return the maximum numeric value from the counters array:

max_fkGponOnuDownCount()

Code: max(oid_column("iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.enterprisesx10428.enterprisesx10428x9.furukawa.fkMgmt.fkGpon.fkGponOnu.fkGponOnuTable.fkGponOltEntry.fkGponOnuDownCount"))

Now I'll try to create a Function Probe to alarm every time the function returns a value above our "X" treshold.

Maurício

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:59 pm

interesting, thank you for sharing

mhenriques
Topic Author

Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:42 pm

Managed to define a Function Probe to monitor the ONU Deactivate Count based on the above function.

Function ont deactivate count.png

Question for the Dude experts: is there any "best practice" to define the Map Label Refresh Interval versus the Polling Probe Interval when using the same function/oid on both the Map Label and the Probe Check?

Thanks for any help.
Maurício
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.