Community discussions

MikroTik App

PhilipPeake
just joined
Topic Author

Routing in V7 - syntax question

Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:38 pm

The config I had auto-migrated to V7 and worked.
However, now that I come to make changes, I see some unfamiliar things, and don't readily find the answers in the help website.

First question: I have a VPN (was PPP, now Wireguard Traffic fro specific IPs is marked and directed to this interface. When I look at the route info I see the destination address specified as 0.0.0.0/0^1024 -- what is the ^1024 ???

Second question: Routing for the Internet connection doesn't appear to have changed, because it was based upon IP addresses. However, other routes, to interfaces, such as the one mentioned above now have the same interface names, but proceeded by a '%' character. E.g. %wireguard1 What is he significance of the '%'? is it required?

PhilipPeake
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Routing in V7 - syntax question

Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:39 am

Really? No-One has a clue what these things are or how they work??

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:17 am

What exact version do you have?

1) Some early v7 betas had routes with dst-address=<destination>^<routing table name>, but fortunately this idea was scrapped and replaced by sane dst-address=<destination> routing-table=<routing table name>.

2) There's optional gateway=<gateway address>%<interface>, which allows to specify address on given interface, and which is normally not needed. But AFAIK %<interface> is not in any current version either.

ulysses
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:38 pm

I have the same issue, and it appears that indeed, the number after the hat '^' is related to the routing table the route is from. I've created another dummy routing table and added the same default route there, observing an increasing id starting from 1024. Looks like a custom routing table id offset.
I'd prefer a column with the table name, or at least the common syntax of `0.0.0.0/0@table`
1024.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:20 pm

What exact version is that?