Community discussions

MikroTik App

ToTheCLI
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

MikroTik RB5009UPr+S+IN and POE-IN

Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:39 pm

When connecting the MikroTik RB5009UPr+S+IN to an Edgeswitch 8-150W (POE+) by the first port in the Mikrotik all ethernet ports begin to flash yellow lights randomly and it becomes nonfunctioning nothing else is connected to the Mikrotik.
Only when disabling the POE+ Output on the Edgeswitch and connecting the PSU does it become functional again.
What might be the Problem?

McKajVah
just joined

Re: MikroTik RB5009UPr+S+IN and POE-IN

Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:36 am

I have the same problem with a Unifi US-16-150W POE+ switch.

POE+ in on port 1 it just starts blinking yellow randomly. POE+ on port 2-8, nothing, dead.

Works fine if I use the power brick.

Another guy has the same problem with a Netgear POE+ switch.

aibix0001
just joined

Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:59 pm

I have a similar problem, all of the above is true, with the exception that I can power the device from a Cisco SG300-10MPP Switch with POE+
Weird thing is, /system/health/print states that there is no Voltage on either power-source, nothing on the DC jack, nothing on the 2pin, nothing on POE-in, and yet, the device is running ...

Port 1 is the only port that powers the device, albeit with all the other ports flashing orange. They flash orange with different patterns and intensity and port 5 and 6 do not show an orange LED at all. Strange ...

Can Mikrotik please state if marketing or development is right? I really want to use the 2.5G Port with my NAS and power the device from one of the other ports, this is why I bought it in the first place. The premise is superb but the execution is kinda crap.

ToTheCLI
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:24 pm

This is support's reply "Thank you for your report! Software fix will be available for this issue in upcoming versions of RouterOS. At the moment as a workaround you could use crossover cable."