Community discussions

MikroTik App

k8md
just joined
Topic Author

cAP lite firmware install debacle

Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:32 am

I tried updating the firmware in a cAP lite using the WinBox GUI. I was using the automatic update function.

After reboot I can no longer talk to the cAP lite with WinBox. On wifi or ethernet. I have the cAP lite plugged into an ethernet port on my laptop and every 7 seconds the link light goes out on the ethernet port. The cAP lite seems to be stuck in a loop.

The power LED is solid. The AP/CAP LED is solid, but then it will go out at the same time as the Link Light on the computer. Then come back on solid. The ethernet LED is a fast blink, then solid for a brief moment, then back to fast blink. It goes out at the same time as the AP/CAP LED and the link light on the computer. The ethernet LED never comes back on.

I tried a hard reset and recovering with netinstall. Neither worked. It never shows up in netinstall. Any suggestions on how to recover are welcome.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: cAP lite firmware install debacle

Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:01 pm

And yet netinstall it will have to be, I am afraid.

Keep pressing reset until it shows up in netinstall.
Try a dumb switch in between the device and your computer. Make sure ALL network interfaces on your windows box are disabled except for the ethernet port.
You can also try a Linux box (I have a LOT better success rate using Linux then Windows for netinstall).