Community discussions

MikroTik App

b4rtiii
just joined
Topic Author

Strange behaviour with SXT LTE6 Kit and Twitch live streaming

Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:34 pm

Hi together,

I recently purchased the SXT LTE6 kit to be able to use it to do Twitch live streams in places where DSL or other landline connections are not available. I have noticed some unusual behavior in my testing. The SXT is connected to a hAP ac2 via Ethernet, behind the hAP my client. Passthrough on the SXT (ether2) for the hAP is enabled. Speedtests show in upload multistream tests 30-40 Mbit and singlestream tests 10-15 Mbit, sometimes more (tested via speedtest.net with different servers and locations). However, when I try to stream, I rarely get above 3 Mbit, the connection is very unstable. Intrernet surfing is not affected. Also streaming from YouTube, Netflix or Twitch are no problem. The problem is also not on the part of the provider since I tested with two different ones. Manually assigning the LTE bands did not bring any improvement. When I connect a Huawei K5160 LTE stick (LTE CAT 4 only) via USB to the hAP ac2, I can stream at 6 Mbit without problems. Also the speed tests are mostly the same as the SXT.

Firmware versions:

hAP ac2: RouterOS v7.45beta5
SXT LTE6 kit: RouterOS v6.48.6 long-term (same issues with ROS 7.5 stable), LTE Firmware: V034

Mobile providers tested with: o2 Germany and Telekom Germany (both without throttling)

Even if I connect the client directly to the SXT (no matter if with NAT or passthrough), I can't get above 3 Mbit when streaming.

I have no more ideas what the problem could be. Did any of you have a similar problem?

Thanks in advance!

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Strange behaviour with SXT LTE6 Kit and Twitch live streaming

Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:39 pm

RouterOS v7.45beta5 ???

You sure? That version do not exist...

b4rtiii
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Strange behaviour with SXT LTE6 Kit and Twitch live streaming

Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:43 pm

RouterOS v7.45beta5 ???
Sorry, typo. Meant v7.4beta5, but the hAP ac2 is not the issue.