Community discussions

MikroTik App

snickwad
just joined
Topic Author

CSS326-24G-2S+ Issues

Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:30 pm

Hi.

I am having performance and reliability issues with a new CSS326. SwOS 2.13.

Nothing major on the config. Default VLAN, pfSense router providing internet and dhcp on port 1. cAP AC on port 2. TPLINK 5 and 8 port switches on two other 1GbE ports, Unraid server on 10GbE port via fiber. I have disabled RSTP on all ports (disabled on cAP AC too)

All clients show random issues with the internet (poor page loading or timeouts, downloads simply stopping) and Kodi 4K streaming from the media collection (mkv) on the Unraid server is no longer performing as expected.

I replaced a Cisco 3650G with the CSS326, as my new house no longer has the space for a full depth cabinet in which to house the network gear.

I have tested all cables with my Fluke, updated (where I could) the client drivers and tried all sorts of options re flow control and driver config. If I patch the TPLINks into the pfSense router directly, all issues with internet/downloading goes away. However, the pfSense router on has a single LAN port and I therefore no longer have a core switch...

The CSS326 seemed to tick all my needs re port capacity etc, and I have nothing but great things from the cAP AC, hence Mikrotik got my hard earned $$ when looking for a 10GbE capable switch upgrade.

So, can anyone help with some troubleshooting suggestions, or have a just bought a lemon?

Many thanks.