Community discussions

MikroTik App

GiovanniG
Topic Author

NO LTE interface with Calonny 4G D200 stick, please help

Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:56 pm

HI, thanks for your kind support,

First I've bought from Amazon a generic LTE stick, my RB952Ui-5ac2nD recognized it get from it a local IP, but unfortunately this stiick has problems ontaining a WAN IP, so I couldn't use it, I?ve returned it and bought anouther one Calonny 4G D200, this works as wifi router and modem on my PC with Win10 too, it creates a virtual ethernet interface and give it IP, but bikrotik doesn't recognize it! At all..

The first returned 4G stick was recognized by windows as a modem, the second as network device "Remote NDIS based internet Sharing device" with USB\VID_1782&PID_000C&REV_0001&MI_00 identificator, how can I import on Mikrotik?
I've updated Mikrotik to 7.5 but also doesn't work, please help me, I hope I don't have to return this too

GiovanniG
Topic Author

Re: NO LTE interface with Calonny 4G D200 stick, please help

Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:01 pm

I hope somebody help me, thanks

GiovanniG
Topic Author

Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:52 am

I've tried to install latest 7.6 beta 6 and lte package too, but didn't help, still not recognized. Please help, thanks

GiovanniG
Topic Author

Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:48 am

I hope to receive some help, thank you

Logan
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:29 pm

I'm in the same situation. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution yet but if I figure it out I will let you know. I'm using a NetStick (GLU194ST). When I plug it in I see the LTE interface come up a few times but briefly. Then it goes away for good. When I connect it to my PC it works perfectly. I am also on 7.5 w/ the LTE package installed.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:22 pm

Honestly,
I think it is better FIRST to find out what is compatible THEN buy a suitable model...

It is more logical than the reverse(³)…

GiovanniG
Topic Author

Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:43 pm

Honestly,
I think it is better FIRST to find out what is compatible THEN buy a suitable model...

I would say that I take advance of a product sold by Amazon and shipped the next day, as I had urgent need to solve the problem before travel abroad. With Amazon is possible to easly return the item, so I don't see big problems here, if it will not work it's worst for the seller.
Anyway I got today in touch with the seller's engineer and hopefully there may be an opton to solve, maybe the linux driver can help Mikrotik to include it, or simply a firmware update.
---------------------------------
Honestly,

You may try the serial connection, and try with AT commands, here it's what Mikrotik support wrote me, but for me it didn't work:
You can try to use this modem in serial/PPP modem:

set RouterOS modem support mode to serial

/interface/lte/settings/set mode=serial

available modes: auto mbim serial
reboot device
check serial port/channel availability under "/port"

/port print

with RouterOS serial terminal open connection to modem AT modem port/channel and check/configure the modem
if RouterOS did not automatically added, manually configure serial/PPP connection under:

/interface ppp-client add ...