Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

VLAN's and other.Request to Mikrotik

Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:08 am

Hello Mikrotik
I have a request :)
a couple of them
1) Can you make up your mind finaly and choice how to setup VLAN's on mikrotik? :) There is at least 4 method's and all is confusing . Vlans should be the MOST easy parts of networking work- For example in SwitchOS they look realy OK
2) Is there a way to put many subnets (vlans) in ipsec tunnel?
3) From my perspectiv its will be great if you Guys continue update and developing Quick Set . For example:
3.1) Add rules Firewall : Block from internet (and simple hold user by hand) a) Ping b) Access to (then can input ip)
And at the same time in some box down.. its will show script what he will exactly do . So its will be usefull for begginers for "DO" somethink (without learning all) and teaching guys who want to know how and where he do that firewall rules.. so next time he can do it by him self.
3.2) Quick setup Wifi : a)stable b)fast C)max range d) allow access old wifi e)only new Wifi ( and same box .. with script which will generate and show )
3.3) By for example clicking next , you will see : Do you wanna ON your DDNS (and short information what is that) "next" do you wanna access your router from internet via winbox/www ssh etc (check boxes)"yes/no" ( and small information of risk.. with redirect to your user.. to change password before ON DDNS)
3.4) Do you wanna Start Simple L2TP/VPN ( and short information what is that) If yes. Do they "clients" got access to local network/ can ping eachother etc. Set password .secret.
3.5) And at the end some short information that in mikrotik you can do this and this.. and Dude (press on Dude to see more information - or even quick setup launch with information *if device got USB - please use your dude on USB stick etc etc)

if need i can/got more ideas how to make mikrotik more "Available" For "normal... i mean non it/network people" who just want good router with infinite option.... -IF he want to go deep.
But all "basic" settings what got at the moment all "norma"(user friendly also :D) Routers. are avaible with "press of the buttom" = Click to START NAS
In mikrotik its a 1h for experience user 1 day for Young it guy , 1 month+ for kid who see NAS on youtube and also wanna try.
Example of lost customer : (true story) My friend in work love Mikrotik and he is excited when i told him about new updates . pihole in containers etc. and he really will choice Mikrotik Router
But he choice to buy "more expensive but worse router" but with "easy" GUI.
He scared to lost many hours/days for learning setup.. etc.. Nightmare.. if somethink stop working.

Its could be a Extra bar on top in www/winbox with safe mode and sessions .. with buttoms / VPN / Block access / FTP / Wi-Fi /IPSEC(and box menu ipsec between other mikrotik /fortigate/clouds/vmware) / settings ( all with basic settings like "normal" routers got)
The experience mikrotik guys will not cry. No change for them how they use mikrotik. For begginers .. Holding god's foot - for make cool settings more accesible :)

Im sure its will not take long time to implement such a "easy steps for all most usefull tools" in quick setup .. becaouse its just a scripts.
I consider myself a little familiar already with mikrotik. But in my work all networks are always "little" diffrent and from my point of view cant remember all "working/trusty" config.
With fast setup (mayby even with a little GUI)(and then if need fast manual edit settings) Mikrotik products will become more accessible for "humans" :)

I can now imagine all new mikrotik's products ... with big funny Sticker " : Now also for normal human being :D

I hate and love mikrotik :D
Regards

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VLAN's and other.Request to Mikrotik

Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:35 am

3.1) Add rules Firewall : Block from internet (and simple hold user by hand) a) Ping
I stopped reading after last word, on that line, although I resisted the line where Quick Set was quoted...
And after writing this, I get out of this topic.