Community discussions

MikroTik App

Techsystem
Topic Author

Maximum number of IPs that can be provided by RB951ui

Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:52 pm

Hello For all My Friends There...!
so i ask this question before, but i didn't think that i get the answer that i want .
so please for the second time how many Network Clients the RB951ui can handle without any malfunction or glitch..? .
Last edited by Techsystem on Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Maximum number of IPs that can be provided by RB951ui

Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:04 pm

You ask in the post about users yet in the title you mention IPs ?
Two different things.

I assume you're talking about network clients using your device as a router.
If not, please be more clear on what you mean.

The answer: it depends.
If one client is consuming the full bandwidth of your ISP connection, there is not much left for the rest.
What sort of traffic ? Huge downloads or lots of parallel connections ?
So also here, please be more specific on what you mean. What would start to be a malfunction when ?

Techsystem
Topic Author

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:37 pm

Moderator edit: Quote removed. Do not quote yourself and preceding post. Use just "Post Reply".

well i am asking about network clients that we can found when we open leases submenu in ip-dhcp section

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:38 pm

What about them?

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:05 pm

And still it depends.

1 subnet ?
Multiple subnets ?
All active at once ?

You' re still not providing more details why you want to know and in which context.

Techsystem
Topic Author

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:06 pm

What about them?
hello Mr Znevna, i am asking a bout the maximum number of those clients that RB951ui can handle, so do you have any info..?

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:08 pm

All of them.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:19 pm

so i ask this question before, but i didn't think that i get the answer that i want .
so please for the second time how many Users the RB951ui can handle without any malfunction or glitch..? .
You have not gotten an answer because you refuse to tell us what information you are looking for. Read the questions that have been asked in the replies to this thread. Answer those questions so we all have some idea what you want to know. Are you asking about bandwidth, DHCP function (somewhat implied from the subject), routing capability, something else?
We're not mind readers...

Techsystem
Topic Author

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:38 pm

so please for the second time how many Users the RB951ui can handle without any malfunction or glitch..? .
You have not gotten an answer because you refuse to tell us what information you are looking for. Read the questions that have been asked in the replies to this thread. Answer those questions so we all have some idea what you want to know. Are you asking about bandwidth, DHCP function (somewhat implied from the subject), routing capability, something else?
We're not mind readers...
Hello Mr k6ccc yes it seems that i am so bad in english expression. but don't be angry man. i speak 4 different language. so please look to my replay in post#9 and give me your advise please.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:50 pm

And being able to speak 4 languages is relevant because ... ??
Has nothing to do with the ability to answer a question. Whatever language you use.
English is not my native language either.

Moving on with the info provided...
800 users.
As dhcp server, no problem. It will not even sweat.
As a router, it depends.. see the recurring pattern ?

What are those users doing on your network ?
How simultaneous ?
E.g. 800 users and 1mb per user (not enough for video streaming !!), all at once -> forget it !!
Hap can only handle 100mb on its ethernet interfaces.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:55 pm

so my scenario like this ..
i have RB951ui with bridge interface that have 192.168.10.1/22 ip address, so as you see from my subnet i can use more than 1000 ip as a DHCP for clients, so my router installed in a place that have a lot of networking devices -(IPhones-tablet-TVS-normal users...)- so we are talking about more than 800 users simultaneosly. so my question can the RB951ui handle all this users..? and if not how many users can handle..?
Now we have some facts! (after almost two monts, not bad!) viewtopic.php?t=188054
So if you already have it installed why don't you tell us if it can handle all those users or not?
But I'll say this, for that many users you went realy cheap for the router, choosing one with little resources and such a slow CPU.
So no, it won't handle all those users as a router. How many? Don't know, it all depends on what is this rb951ui doing, just handling out DHCP leases? if so, yes, it'll do just fine for all your users.
Does it also do some NAT? if so, what bandwidth are we talking about? are you using RouterOS v6 on it or v7? How complex is the firewall? Can fasttrack be used? Depending on all this and other requirements maybe it can't even handle ONE user.
So try to give more details.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:56 pm

:lol:

It is still a nice access point though...

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:18 pm

What are you doing with 100Mbps to 800 users?
You let them smell the internet?
Choose a better capable device and stop with your useless questions.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:20 pm

Please learn to reply properly outside the quotes !!

It is very difficult like this to differentiate your response from what you quote.

Techsystem
Topic Author

Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:22 pm

so my scenario like this ..
i have RB951ui with bridge interface that have 192.168.10.1/22 ip address, so as you see from my subnet i can use more than 1000 ip as a DHCP for clients, so my router installed in a place that have a lot of networking devices -(IPhones-tablet-TVS-normal users...)- so we are talking about more than 800 users simultaneosly. so my question can the RB951ui handle all this users..? and if not how many users can handle..?
Now we have some facts! (after almost two monts, not bad!) viewtopic.php?t=188054
So if you already have it installed why don't you tell us if it can handle all those users or not?
But I'll say this, for that many users you went realy cheap for the router, choosing one with little resources and such a slow CPU.
So no, it won't handle all those users as a router. How many? Don't know, it all depends on what is this rb951ui doing, just handling out DHCP leases? if so, yes, it'll do just fine for all your users.
Does it also do some NAT? if so, what bandwidth are we talking about? are you using RouterOS v6 on it or v7? How complex is the firewall? Can fasttrack be used? Depending on all this and other requirements maybe it can't even handle ONE user.
So try to give more details.
Hi Mr Znevna..! so yeah not along time..Lol
so i am pushing the Mikrotik devices to its limit as usuall. for your answer you can find the response in post 14, but to add someting the router in its default i just remove 2 rules in firewall filter
thanks in advance

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:33 pm

It's clear to me you do not like the answers which were provided, I get that.
But it will not change the fact this device is NOT meant to handle traffic for 800 users whatever way you look at it.
You will hit limitations and sooner then later. It will happen.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating ...

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:04 pm

Hi Mr Znevna..! so yeah not along time..Lol
so i am pushing the Mikrotik devices to its limit as usuall. for your answer you can find the response in post 14, but to add someting the router in its default i just remove 2 rules in firewall filter
thanks in advance
Somehow you're writing but not actually saying anything, do you get this a lot, Mr. 4Languages?

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:59 pm

... how many Network Clients the RB951ui can handle without any malfunction or glitch..? .
So let do restart:

A. What does mean "can handle" for you? DHCP leases, connections per IP? Wireless clients? Ans so on ...

B. What "malfunction" or "glitch" does mean for you? Is full lease table a glitch or a malfunction? Is slow WiFi a malfunction?

C. How many clients do you want to serve? 10? 100? 1000? Simply speaking what scale do you think of?

D. What is the size of network you want to be served by this RB951?

I assume that you know FIFO, LIFO acronyms .... there is another one:

GIGO = Garbage In, Garbage Out

If you do not define your expectations, limits etc. then you ask a question like: What is the tastiest fruit on the market?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:12 am

About 4,000,000 and then the memory runs out, and max 750 IP/s

@Techsystem, it's time you learn two things on the forum:

the first: do not answer within the quoted text,
I'm not talking about quoting unnecessarily, but answering inside the quoted text...

the second: do not open two topics on the same topic just because you don't like or understand the "first" answer.

It's a joke the name "Techsystem"???
What do you really know about technological systems? Sometimes it seems like nothing...