Community discussions

MikroTik App

Thorsten42
just joined
Topic Author

Chateau LTE no internet on WLAN/LAN (Factory default)

Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:23 pm

In the past I considered myself as some sort of a smart cookie but the Chateau LTE AP (v7.5 on D53G-5HacD2HnD/arm) showed me the ropes.
From my understanding in the vanilla/factory default config. I should get Internet connection on both wlans as well as LAN switch.
Granted a working SIM card.
I checked the German Telekom SIM card in my Phone and it is working fine with 3G/LTE.
When I insert the SIM in the Chateau it shows a registered interface and lte1 link up in the Log file but I‘ve no connection from either wlan and lan to the internet. Firewall is switched on and NAT is configured (factory config). I can see the IP address the Chateau is given from the Telekom (10.29.188.183) but when I try to update LTE firmware (Model EG12-EA, Revision EG12EAPAR01A09M4G) for example I get the error message - firmware URL no reachable (DNS resolving and ping 8.8.8.8 from winbox terminal windows is also not working.
Clients connection by lan/wlan receive the proper IP config from the configured DHCP server on the Chateau AP (192.168.88/24).
Is there something missing in the config or is my understanding wrong?
IMG_0737_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thorsten42
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Chateau LTE no internet on WLAN/LAN (Factory default)

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:25 pm

Ok, apparently using winbox to enter APN puts it not at the default spot, using cli to set the APN worked and I got access.