Community discussions

MikroTik App

Racea
just joined
Topic Author

5Mhz channel bridge issue, link dropped

Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:44 am

Hi,

I am new to Mikrotik and have come across an issue I can’t understand with a pair of RBSXTG-2HnD radios. The remote end is in station-bridge mode and the local end is in bridge mode. I had everything working well for a few days while I was doing some basic validation. I decided to drop the channel width from 20MHz to 10Mhz, this worked fine, remote end first then local end with safe mode turned on for the remote end. I then dropped again from 10MHz to 5MHz using the same method, however this time I think I pressed safe mode after selecting 5Mhz and before pressing apply.

The link has now dropped, and I am unable to work out what I have done wrong.

From the local end I see the following, which is the remote end, I not the 1.5Mbps rate which I think is strange:

This is the config for the local end:
/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] band=2ghz-b/g/n basic-rates-a/g=6Mbps,9Mbps,12Mbps,18Mbps,24Mbps,36Mbps,48Mbps,54Mbps basic-rates-b=1Mbps,2Mbps,5.5Mbps,11Mbps channel-width=5mhz country=no_country_set disabled=no \
frequency=auto frequency-mode=manual-txpower ht-basic-mcs=\
mcs-0,mcs-1,mcs-2,mcs-3,mcs-4,mcs-5,mcs-6,mcs-7,mcs-8,mcs-9,mcs-10,mcs-11,mcs-12,mcs-13,mcs-14,mcs-15,mcs-16,mcs-17,mcs-18,mcs-19,mcs-20,mcs-21,mcs-22,mcs-23 l2mtu=1500 mac-address=00:00:00:00:00:00 \
max-station-count=2 mode=bridge mtu=1400 nv2-cell-radius=15 nv2-security=enabled rate-set=configured ssid=PTP1 station-roaming=enabled tdma-period-size=auto tx-power=28 tx-power-mode=all-rates-fixed \
update-stats-interval=10s wireless-protocol=nv2-nstreme

Does anyone have any insight into what I might have done wrong? Is it possible I’ve accidently turned off a chain? The remote end is a full day of travel from me.

Kind regards,
Acea
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.