Community discussions

MikroTik App

benibilme2
just joined
Topic Author

Newbie needs help user-manager "database is not accessible yet error"

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:53 am

Hello,

I have several mikrotik 962UiGS-5HacT2HnT devices at home and using them for several years I presume. All my systems are using 6.48.6 LTS release. One of my mikrotik routers is configured as radius server and running user-manager. I have not been accessing at least 5-6 months these routers. Recently, I found out that the machines can not get ip addresses. I am using radius for mac address authorization. I have seen many log entries for each dhcp request about user manager database is not accessible. I tried access the web page of user manager and received invalid user name or password error. I have user manager database backup. I tried to reset the database
 /tool user-manager database clear 
but I receive database is not accessible yet error. I could not create a new password as well via
 /tool user-manager customer set admin password= ....  
which gives the same error. One thing that I noticed that to the best of my memory, I used to see user-manager folder in the FileList. Now I do not see it. I have attached a usb to the machine, it is displayed as usb1 in the File List. I see disk1, but I can not see any files to disk1. I moved sqldb and sqld-journal files under flash from backups and rebooted the machine nothing has changed.

I have also disabled user-manager package and rebooted the machine and then enable and rebooted the machine. The behaviors described above did not change.

In summary, User manager is running, but I can not access its web site. I do not see any user manager related file or folder in File List. Reset commands or password change commands do not work and gives warning database is not accessible yet. How can I reset database or create new user-manager database?

Any help much appreciated.

benibilme2
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Newbie needs help user-manager "database is not accessible yet error"

Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:08 am

Hello,

I have solved the problem by doing following. But still what caused this malfuction, I do not know.
  • Copy the backup sql files and journals to the a usb flash disk, make sure that there are sqldb logsqldb sqldb-journals exists in the usb flash disk
  • Insert the usb flash disk to mikrotik device and make sure that usb1 is detected and seen at File List, and above files listed under usb1
  • gave the following command
 tool user-manager database set=usb1 
  • Disable the radius service
  • Disable the user-manager package
  • Reboot
  • Enable the user-manager package
  • Reboot
  • Enable the radius service
  • Reboot
After these steps, I can access the user-manager web interface with my old password and can see my old settings.

I will keep this post open or not solved for two reasons

1. I would not have known what to do if I had not had backup files since I have not been able to create new database or reset database for user-manager.
2. I do not know what went wrong that created this problem in the first place. I have not updated firmware. I have not changed anything. One thing that comes to my mind is that the user-manager database was on a usb flash disk. It might have gone bad. On the other hand, although usb flash disk is not detected by mikrotik, my linux computer could access it. I used another usb flash disk to perform previous steps described above