Community discussions

MikroTik App

gefilus
just joined
Topic Author

chateau 5g

Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:57 am

hi i have some problems with this router latest lte update, it broke 5g connection, lte works fine , 5g doesnt. it connects, and there is a connection but there is no access to internet. possible ways to downgrade lte firmware or just need to wait new update. if some one ask me to log something , tell me how , i dont know commands in terminal, not dont know options of this product. i hav found one similar post in this forum, same problem, same firmware that it!

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: chateau 5g

Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:27 pm

Same issue, 3 UK here, new firmware RG502QEAAAR13A02M4G 5G no longer found.

Raised a support ticket with Mikrotik, I need a DFOTA to downgrade, or I take the Chateau apart and find a usb to m2 adapter.

waaaaski
just joined

Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:00 pm

Raised a support ticket with Mikrotik, I need a DFOTA to downgrade, or I take the Chateau apart and find a usb to m2 adapter.
Same issue here, PL here!
I just bought my Chateau 5G with qupanel 5G mimo 4x4.In the instruction there was recommendation to make all needed updates before using, so I update the FW to the newset one RG502QEAAAR13A02M4G - and I was able only to connect with 4G bands (no 5G band was present on the scan "Cell Monitor").
On begining I was pretty sure that TMobile "little bit" cheated on me, confirming that in my area the 5G is present - but looking at this thread, seems that the issue could be with this FW, LOL.

waaaaski
just joined

Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:21 am

I raised too a support ticket to Mikrotik, but they just closed it as duplicated - without any information:
1. Ref link to orginal ticket where they are working on this issue.
2. Any ETA when the fix will be available (even confirming in which month will be enough).
3. Provide any WA (workaround) to resolve the issue "for now" - (for sure WA exists, because ppl was able to downgrade the FW of the modem)
4. Or information - that it was resolved (but I don't think so)

Mikrotik - please just not ignore your clients.

genesispro
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:50 pm

any news on that?
I haven't upgraded to that firmware yet.
Although I am "bugged" to do so

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:42 pm

I just bought my Chateau 5G with qupanel 5G mimo 4x4.In the instruction there was recommendation to make all needed updates before using, so I update the FW to the newset one RG502QEAAAR13A02M4G - and I was able only to connect with 4G bands (no 5G band was present on the scan "Cell Monitor").
On begining I was pretty sure that TMobile "little bit" cheated on me, confirming that in my area the 5G is present - but looking at this thread, seems that the issue could be with this FW, LOL.
Have you got a usb stick?

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:42 pm

any news on that?
No news, but there's a definite Quectel fault, and they are blaming Qualcomm for changing the baseline.

waaaaski
just joined

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:18 pm

yes.

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:49 pm

any news on that?
Do you want to upgrade to R11A07?
/interface/lte/firmware-upgrade lte1 upgrade=yes firmware-file="http://79.161.156.252/RG502QEAAAR11A06M4G-RG502QEAAAR11A07M4G.zip"
Mikrotik only went to R11A06, but 07 fixes a lot of issues according to the changelog:
https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:u: ... A?e=lBlMgg

waaaaski
just joined

Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:29 pm

Is there any way to make this downgrade via usb stick? If yes - please share the instructions.

gefilus
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:00 pm

No news, atleast for me. is there a possible way to downgrade the firmaware? some could share how to do it

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:02 pm

No news, atleast for me. is there a possible way to downgrade the firmaware? some could share how to do it
Email support@mikrotik.com
Detail
RouterOS and Routerboard version
Mobile Operator and the 5g bands the modem can see but is refusing to connect to
enable lte debug logging and send MikroTik the supout.rif file from your Chateau after you have rebooted it and encountered the issue.

LTE debug logging can be enabled from CLI by issuing this command:
/system logging add topics=lte
This article explains how to make a supout.rif file:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:S ... utput_File

MikroTik Support can downgrade your modem, but they require usb storage attaching and an alternate internet connection to work over.
If you cannot offer an alternate internet connection, they will not be able to downgrade your modem.

emilst
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:41 pm

Hello all,

We are aware of this issue and already have a beta modem FW version with a fix, it is not certain on which networks 5G is not working anymore with the RG502QEAAAR13A02M4G FW, but it is not all, as for other customers and in our local netework the RG502QEAAAR13A02M4G FW works fine.

While we are waiting for an official modem FW version with the fix, everyone that is facing this issue and that wants to downgrade the module to the previous FW version "RG502QEAAAR11A06M4G" please contact MikroTik Support.

https://help.mikrotik.com/servicedesk/servicedesk

Regards,
Emīls

philip2284
just joined

Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:20 am

Has this been fixed?

rrd
just joined

Mon May 15, 2023 10:01 pm

Something similar here. I tried several firmware versions, same problem. I tried multiple times, but were unable to downgrade, after reboot same testing version was still installed. So I am stuck with latest - 7.10beta5. I also don't like the new layout which forces me to click on several drop-down menus to see signal strength stats..

This device for some reason prefers LTE band B20 as primary and even though 5G NR n78 has better SINR and sometimes RSRQ, LTE is still used with a very bad SINR..
Every few minutes there is a connection to 5G NR n78 band and then connection is dropped again after a few minutes.

This all happened within 5 minutes of router being still:
Screenshots in sequential order
1fsdf.png
5g disappeared
2a.png
...and appeared (n78@50Mhz):
3a.png
4a.png
5aaa.png
Few minutes later the CA band and 5G NR connection was dropped and returned back to LTE B20@10Mhz.

Could trees and leaves here be at fault...? There's lots of trees in between base station which is only 300 meters away in direct line of sight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.