Community discussions

MikroTik App

Mandeepmails
just joined
Topic Author

hEX S RB760iGS with Huawei SFP GPON-ONU-Class B+l For FTTH Internet Connection. possible to use

Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:58 pm

Hello All,

Thrilled to find this great community forum with Mikrotik knowledgeable folks. Have a concern that is related to simplify the internet connection with hEX S RB760iGS where i'm plugging in the Huawei SFP GPON-ONU-Class B+l for the FTTH Internet Connection with my ISP.

Despite giving it few tries i find that there's no link or LED at all for indicating this could work....Any guidance or thoughts on how i should proceed ? Any debugging or compatibility that i'm unaware of. If any one could help, that'll be great.

The current working device i have instead of the mikrotik for the fiber connection to work is a Syrotech (details below)
Brand ‎ Syrotech
Manufacturer ‎ GO IP PVT LTD
Model ‎ SY-GPON-1110-WDONT
Package Dimensions ‎29.4 x 10.5 x 5.2 cm; 430 Grams
Item model number ‎SY-GPON-1110-WDONT

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hEX S RB760iGS with Huawei SFP GPON-ONU-Class B+l For FTTH Internet Connection. possible to use

Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:52 pm

You can add images on "Attachments" tab, when you create a post.
Do not use 3rd party sites.

Mandeepmails
just joined
Topic Author

Re: hEX S RB760iGS with Huawei SFP GPON-ONU-Class B+l For FTTH Internet Connection. possible to use

Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:07 pm

Will do. Thanks.

Just wanted to add a bit more on the same.

Using mikrotik settings I can see the Sfp gpon module is recognized by name Hisense as manufacturer (not huawei) but I guess that’s normal.

I also see some stats updating for up and down stream. But strangest thing is the no led or indication with the sfp indicator led. Tried blink etc everything on the page..nothing even when it says connecting the pppoe client.

Mandeepmails
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:52 am

Thanks a lot Ken. Truly appreciate all the insight on this. Durability matters

I was planning to do this in order to simplify the edge of my home network. Would’ve been fun to do this over the weekend. To segregate and improvise my home/lab/IoT/devops (managed and unmanaged switches) network and put things nicely with more visibility on with syslog etc.. I’ll get on with the devices you suggested,

Question - as I’m not the data engineer (well versed with Sfp modules everyday) does class-1 laser matter? Reason I quickly checked the FS PON modules and they’ve not mentioned it, however this huawei I got has it mentioned. (Also when I log in to mikrotik I see that Sfp module is recognized as Hisense) should I ignore that?

Another question, the Sfp led on the mikrotik doesn’t lit up. I find it strange considering the Sfp is recognized though no-link etc is in the interface status. why wouldn’t the led on the mikrotik do anything for sfp only…

Mandeepmails
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:15 am

Got what you mean. Thank you so much.

I checked on the same stuff and tested myself, all matches what you said. Only stuff remaining is the OLT (provider) configuration.

Consider it fully resolved from my side.