Community discussions

MikroTik App

adroit11
just joined
Topic Author

[HELP] gaming config for LHG HP5 XL

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:26 pm

Me and my friend have two LHG HP5 XL which is 1500 meter far from each other. The place what we live is have signal noise and also tall buildings is kinda front of our antena but we use our private network for gaming

My question is that LHG XL HP5 support NV2 ?? Is it good for gaming or i should use something else rather than nv2 idk ?? (I mean what kind of configuration is better for latency and low ping and less jitter etc..) we need stable connection with at max 50 Mbps or 6MB/sec so please help us to config our device with best settings

P.S.: sorry for poor english, please accept apologize. i try hard to improve it

adroit11
just joined
Topic Author

Re: [HELP] gaming config for LHG HP5 XL

Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:56 pm

Someone told me that nv2 is not good for gaming

He said that it can add latency
Last edited by adroit11 on Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:39 am

If you ask MikroTik or other users on forum, probably suggest to use 802.11ac (if both device are "ac", but LHG HP5 XL is not "ac" capable)

But I don't care what someone else told you outside this forum,
do not listen to him, when the evidence says that to lower the latency nv2 must be used...

But obviously, like all things, it must be known how it must be configured correctly, and how the electromagnetic spectrum is occupied.

But, again, if «tall buildings is kinda front of our antena» means that you have something between the antennas, forget everything at the start ...
Last edited by rextended on Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adroit11
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:01 pm

Hey, thank you so much. I really appreciate it that you helping me! GOD bless you my brother/sister

Is there a guide that i can read or watch to learn how to configuration both device correctly? I mean for gaming purpose on 50mbps stable connection

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:22 pm

The devices act as pure point-to-point without involving any routing function?

Post both exports for review,
censor with *** private data such as passwords, usernames, serial numbers, emails, and other sensitive data, if any.
but do not remove anything, only censor with ***

Paste this on terminal, and copy and paste the results, for both of the device, on forum

If is v6 RouterOS (use 6.48.6 (long-term), v7 is useless for you)
/export

If is already on v7 (do not risk downgrade, but atleast upgrade both to v7.5, but only if you already have v7)
/export show-sensitive