Community discussions

MikroTik App

soscoolspot
just joined
Topic Author

Is this possible with walled garden?

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:40 pm

Hi everyone,
Do you know if there is a walled garden rule in ROS that allows passthrough of all third-party scripts through a walled-garden entry?

For example,
Adding *website.com will allow traffic to this domain explicitly, any third-party scripts won't load.
What if I want the domain and any scripts loaded by that domain to work BUT ONLY through that domain (ie, website.com could load an iframe from hubspot or Gmail).

The site we need to allow access to through the walled garden has too many external vendor solutions to list and track for changes.

Hope you can help and thank you :)

loloski

Re: Is this possible with walled garden?

Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:55 pm

i can relate to this but what you are asking is impossible, if you do have 3rd party integration like payment gateway you should ask them if they have proper API wall garden design assume you have complete control of everything

soscoolspot
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:14 am

i can relate to this but what you are asking is impossible, if you do have 3rd party integration like payment gateway you should ask them if they have proper API wall garden design assume you have complete control of everything
Ah, that's a huge shame -They should rename to MacroTik.

Larsa
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:47 pm

Depending of the needs, a complex wall garden solution may probably be solved using a Ros Container Appliance