Community discussions

MikroTik App

Roky
just joined
Topic Author

ISP DHCP + mikrotik DHCP + Nextcloud = access issue

Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:32 pm

Hi guys,
I have a few Mikrotik routers so far but till now I've never done something serious with them. Mainly I used them like AP, but now that I changed ISP their equipment is rubbish and I use mikrotik DHCP server. And now things start to complicate (at least for me). Honestly, I've never done those things, and I don't understand how to approach.
So, the ISP equipment has his own DHCP server which I cannot control. Everything is locked. So, I turned in Mikrotik DHCP server and all my computers have IP from mikrotik router. And here is an issue.
ISP routers dedicate IP in his range for example: 192.168.6.1
Mikrotik asigns IP adresses from: 192.168.1.1
Nextcloud server has an IP of: 192.168.1.x

My question:
1. How can I access to Nextcloud which is in the IP range 192.168.1.x from outside (I have dynamic IP, but I have dynamicDNS services avaliable)? The ISP equipment only allows to set Port Forwarding and DMZ. Not sure if this helps in any way.

Thanks for help

Re: ISP DHCP + mikrotik DHCP + Nextcloud = access issue

Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:52 pm

You will want to have the MikroTik router port forward to the internal 192.168.1 address on your nextcloud host. Then you can point your dynamic DNS provider to your public address provided by the ISP. Be sure to read up on firewall filtering rules before you run it in production, so you don't get pwned.