Community discussions

MikroTik App

sandro1992
just joined
Topic Author

Automatic Guest Vlan Shutdown

Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:18 pm

Hello to Mikrotik community

I have a small LAN at a small company with 20 users inside....beside that i have another 20-30 users everyday as guest users on my UNIFI AP

I have two different ISP inside, one with 50 mb/ps and another 6 mb/ps, i did a recursive routing and it works fine, i have tested it as much as i could, even shutting down Gpon interface from OLT from ISP, so to be short there is always a second connection in case first fails.

I have one VLAN which is for Guests, i am using bandwidth control on it "queue" with limit of 7mb/ps....ok it's fine for guests, but there were some cases when for instance 1st main ISP went down, 2nd turned on started working, but guest VLAN is taking all the bandwidth because there is always activity on that VLAN.

I'm looking for such solution if it's possible, in case of losing my 1st main ISP connection or ping towards WAN, to shut down Guest vlan Automatically.....and in case 1st Main ISP revives to turn on the guest vlan.

thanks

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Automatic Guest Vlan Shutdown

Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:30 am

Stated more clearly, you have the shitty BW pipe for the Guests, when the primary goes down, you want the important users to be able to access internet and the peons to get kicked off........

I wonder if there is a way to put WAN2 on a queue all the time where the Primary users are primary VLANS, and secondary user is Guest VLAN.
So one apportions 80/20 to the primary vlans on the second wan all the time, with the proviso that when not being used by primary vlans, the secondary users get access to 100%.

In this way you dont turn off anything just have a standing queue.

In any case, you need to export your config.
/export file=anyname ( minus serial# and any public WANIP information, if its vers6 firmware /export hide-sensitive file=anyname )

sandro1992
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Automatic Guest Vlan Shutdown

Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:00 pm

Stated more clearly, you have the shitty BW pipe for the Guests, when the primary goes down, you want the important users to be able to access internet and the peons to get kicked off........

I wonder if there is a way to put WAN2 on a queue all the time where the Primary users are primary VLANS, and secondary user is Guest VLAN.
So one apportions 80/20 to the primary vlans on the second wan all the time, with the proviso that when not being used by primary vlans, the secondary users get access to 100%.

In this way you dont turn off anything just have a standing queue.

In any case, you need to export your config.
/export file=anyname ( minus serial# and any public WANIP information, if its vers6 firmware /export hide-sensitive file=anyname )

hello, yes i have managed to config if as you mentioned in that way

on the picture the left queue is on ether 1 which is my main connection ISP1, on the right ether 3 is passively ISP2...i tested and it works fine.

thanks