Community discussions

MikroTik App

jgeltch
just joined
Topic Author

Can the AWS CHR Marketplace image be updated to allow usage of ENA-based instances?

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:42 am

At current time, the CHR image deployed to the marketplace is unable to be used with t3+other modern instance types due to it predating the ENA driver being added to RouterOS and the ENA flag not being set on the Marketplace image.

I'd very much like to deploy newer instance types to EC2 and access to a marketplace image that allows this would be greatly appreciated.

BWC

Re: Can the AWS CHR Marketplace image be updated to allow usage of ENA-based instances?

Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:32 pm

+1

Is this still the case that t3 instances cannot be used? I'am having t2 instances myself I would like to replace with t3's.

If I try to create a new instance based on CHR I can select t3, so it should work though? t3a instances cannot be selected.

--Michael

khalik
just joined

Re: Can the AWS CHR Marketplace image be updated to allow usage of ENA-based instances?

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:51 pm

i've got the same issue, AWS CHR marketplace available to choose instance type with t3 micro, but still can't to use pptp client, can only use t2 micro

SandroPaling
just joined

Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:42 pm

Hi! This is an interesting issue that I wasn't aware of. It's good to know that the ENA flag isn't set on the Marketplace image, as that would make it difficult to use t3+other modern instance types. I hope this issue can be resolved soon so that people can access the newer instance types. By the way, I wonder if you people have ever used this salesforce connected app? I did my best and tried to learn how to use it properly, but still unsuccessful. Any input would be highly appreciated! Cheers.