Community discussions

MikroTik App

llag
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Chateau LTE12 "sim not present"

Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:09 pm

I just bought a Chateau LTE12. It complains “SIM not present”. I have to use a nano sim in the adapter provided by the operator (I know that this is not recommended, but the SIMS from all operators here in the Netherlands use this format). Neither of the sims I tested is recognized. Are there settings for the SIM that I missed or is the Chateau defective? I initially had some problems so I had to reset the device, but it ended up DHCP client mode. Could this be related?
The device and the LTE firmwares are all updated.

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Chateau LTE12 "sim not present"

Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:42 pm

Both of my Chateau LTE12 do not exhibit this issue, have you tried making the simcard thicker than usual so that the eject mechanism holds onto the simcard securely?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:46 pm

Try to put some sticky tape on the back of the SIM. This will hold the SIM in the adapter better, plus it will give it more thickness. Some SIM cards are thinner than others, and this can cause issues.

llag
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:19 pm

Try to put some sticky tape on the back of the SIM. This will hold the SIM in the adapter better, plus it will give it more thickness. Some SIM cards are thinner than others, and this can cause issues.
I tried that as I had seen the hack before. Did not make any difference. I sent the device back. I will try another supplier or a pre-owned device (looking at an Chateau 5G)