Community discussions

MikroTik App

MrDeepFreeze
just joined
Topic Author

SIM card solutions for WISP

Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:59 pm

Does anyone know how these cellular-based WISP companies are getting their cellular SIM cards? I'm interested in getting into this business because there are no local companies doing this in our area. I've spent a lot of time contacting AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile but nobody seems to know exactly how a reseller purchases the unlimited data SIMs and what plan they actually have. We have one of these WIPS companies about 90 miles away and they have set up a few customers in my area and I've seen the hardware they are using. They use a Mikrotik LHG along with a T-Mobile SIM card which works great. I just can't figure out what exactly they are doing to get the SIM cards. T-Mobile tells me that they do not offer an unlimited wholesale plan. I've talked to their wholesale department more than once and even sent them a picture of the working SIM with the ID number on it but they still can't (or won't) tell me what plan it falls under. Does anyone know?

enlace101

Re: SIM card solutions for WISP

Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:38 pm

+1
very interested in this post

jvanhambelgium
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: SIM card solutions for WISP

Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:48 pm

Probably they won't tell you for whatever reason, commercially or perhaps they are bending regulatory rules.
I mean, its just a tariff-plan...no fancy technical solution of some sort.