Community discussions

MikroTik App

tzuik
just joined
Topic Author

no access to web page from LAN

Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:07 am

Hello,

I have a RB5009UG+S+ with RouterOS v7.6 which is getting its IP through PPPoE from the ISP. Behind it I have an UNRAID server running a Nextcloud docker. I'm using "Nginx proxy manager" to forward the ports to Nextcloud while using Let's Encrypt certificates and DDNS straight on UNRAID server. I opened the port 443 for this on the router and Nextcloud is accessible from outside the network but I can't access it on the same address from the LAN. From LAN I can only access it with it's IP address and local port. This used to work when I had ASUS router with the same port forwarding. So I can only asume it's a bad firewall config.

Example: https://aaa.noip.com is accessible from the internet but not from LAN. NAT rules on Mikrotik are quite difficult for beginners and I spent a few sleepless nights already playing with them, to figure them out. Can you please help me gain access from LAN to this address?

BR,
Tzuik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: no access to web page from LAN

Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:28 am

This is what you're looking for:

viewtopic.php?t=179343

tzuik
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWGVOf-iyDM this is the only thing that actually worked. I tried so many different combos for hours, all in vain.
Thank you for pointing me on the right path though :) I had a DDNS from my ISP which has a much cleaner name than the gibberish one mikrotik uses, but if it works and I can access my Nextcloud server from anywhere, I'm happy.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:45 pm

The youtube video uses mangling, which is not required but if it works for you..............
Since you never posted your config, snippets of diagrams are useless unless specifics are requested.
Next time asking for assistance ensure you do.