Community discussions

MikroTik App

Safety1st
just joined
Topic Author

Objects dissapears

Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:11 pm

Hi there! Since a few days we've noticed that newly created objects disappear from the maps after dude (or system) rebooting. If they are selected from the Devices tab and Copy button is pressed, they appear again. We use v6.49.7, clean database with only objects is 3MB. We've found out that the problem is located inside the 'objs' SQLite3 table. But we don't know that object should we change to fix that.

Safety1st
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Objects dissapears

Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:49 pm

We've found the record that made objects disappear. After deleting it from the base everything works like a charm.

jigsaw
just joined

Thu May 11, 2023 5:24 pm

Do you have more info on this?

I have the same problem and that is exactly the idea I had - that one of the objects is somehow damaged which prevents any objects added after it from being placed on a map.
How did you find which object was it?
I'm looking at the blob field in 'objs' table with no clue how to go about reading it properly :(

jigsaw
just joined

Fri May 12, 2023 1:22 pm

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri May 12, 2023 2:47 pm

Perfection :D unfortunately, I can't help. No idea which bad object caused the issue for OP

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 12, 2023 2:58 pm

@jigsaw
Simply reload your latest working backup.

Because you have one latest working backup, right?

jigsaw
just joined

Sat May 13, 2023 1:23 pm

Backups had not been tested for a while and turned out to be unusable. When I launch import-db it almost immediately fails with "import failed" without any more details.
So unfortunately no - I have no working backups from before this issue started :(

Besides - turns out that it started at least 3 weeks ago. Probably even more. I'd really like to not lose all those changes made during this time because of one bad entry.

There are some scripts around here that can supposedly decode object data. I'll try those and see if I can spot the damaged object.