Community discussions

MikroTik App

antiqued4
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

MPLS redundancy help

Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:40 pm

Hello people, I need some help, in this photo, everything that knows the name "bras" at the beginning, are PPPoE Customers concentrators. Well, I have a client that has headquarters and branch, each one has its pppoe and each one is connected to their PPPoE Router. Well, client needs lan to lan and redundancy. This mikrotik named "RB-NoCliente" would be the RB that I would put it on the client. I wanted to know if with MPLS I can do this, because via RSTP it won't, there are two OLTs in the middle of it and the OLTs don't pass broadcast, that is, RSTP doesn't work, so I have to find a solution to work this, everything is ready now and working, minus the redundancy part, does MPLS do this? In the drawing it does not appear, but the branch of the client is on top, after another RouterPPPoE.

smyers119
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: MPLS redundancy help

Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:43 pm

Why did you pick MPLS? Is MPLS already used in this network? What features from MPLS are you hoping to use to fix your problem, which you have done a horrible job of describing?

My interpretation of the problem:

Connect two networks together in a redundant fashion using a layer 3 protocol.

Am i right?

antiqued4
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: MPLS redundancy help

Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:53 pm

Why did you pick MPLS? Is MPLS already used in this network? What features from MPLS are you hoping to use to fix your problem, which you have done a horrible job of describing?

My interpretation of the problem:

Connect two networks together in a redundant fashion using a layer 3 protocol.

Am i right?
they are layer 2, there is no layer 3 in this redundancy, it is a lan2lan