Community discussions

MikroTik App

Tharun252
just joined
Topic Author

Netmetal Communication Offshore Distance of 7KM

Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:01 pm

Hi all,
We are using a total of Four Netmetal 5 (RB922UAGS-5HPacD-NM) in our application of real time video data transmission. For this we have configured One device as ACCESS POINT and the other three as REMOTE in three different remote locations. I have also attached the Site location pdf for your reference.

The Access point is connected in Channel 0 with a L-COM sector antenna in vertical polarization(HG5158-16DP-120-Datasheet attached) and the remote locations are connected in Channel 0 with L-COM radome antenna in vertical polarization (HG5817Y-NF-1-Datasheet attached).

The frequency range that we are currently using is 5.745 GHZ. The distance between the AP and each Remote location is Approx. -7 KM (Offshore).

We have checked our configuration with the same setup that we are using Currently. The testing was also done Offshore but distance we checked was only around 500 Meters.

But when we try with the distance of 7 KM between onshore and offshore, we are not able to get the all three remote radio from the Access point end.

I have attached the Supout.rif files of the AP and One of the remote locations. I am also attaching the Backup files of all devices.

Also, Please let us know the maximum distance that we can practically use the Netmetal-5 and what protocol to use for this transmission(NV2/802.11/nstreme ?).

Kindly let us know, what is that we are doing wrong and Provide us with the solution at the earliest.

Thanks,
THARUN
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Netmetal Communication Offshore Distance of 7KM

Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:55 pm

Datasheets are useless, post the
/export
config of the devices

May peace be upon you.