Community discussions

MikroTik App

acrophobic
Topic Author

Strange log message at boot after creating WireGuard interface

Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:58 am

Hi!

I've successfully (wasn't hard) set up Wireguard on my router so I can connect to home from my phone (and finally throw L2TP in the bin). I've set up two Wireguard interfaces, of which one is for future use. When I reboot the router, I get the following message in the log, with the IP being that of the unused Wireguard interface: "instance { version: 2 router-id: 192.168.xxx.x } created". After Googling I found: viewtopic.php?t=190290
And so when I look in Routing - OSPF, I see something called "default-v2" under the "Instances" tab. Thing is I have another identical router in another apartment, with almost identical setup, with Wireguard set up in exactly the same way, and when I look at the configuration in that router, it's empty in Routing - OSPF. I now have three questions: 1. Why was this created / have this happened on one router but not the other? 2. Can I safely remove it? 3. Why is specifically the IP of the unused Wireguard interface referenced in the log entry.

edit: Found one more thing now; in both routers, if I check under Routing - Router ID, I have a dynamic entry with the IP of the unused Wireguard interface referenced under "Dynamic ID".

All the best!