Community discussions

MikroTik App

raminmalek
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

SPAN TRAFFIC On bridge

Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:31 am

Hi Dear Friend I Get Traffic SPAN BY EOIP Tunnel I Creat tunnel and add EOIP and Ethrnet on the bridge but Traffic SPAN donnot Generate On ethernet Interface How Solve this ??
Please Help me ?

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SPAN TRAFFIC On bridge

Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:50 pm

@raminmalek,
normally, SPAN means that you obtain a copy of particular actual traffic (passing through a particular port or group of ports, or within a VLAN). In Mikrotik, this is usually called traffic mirroring. What you describe (bridging EoIP tunnel and Ethernet interface together) doesn't seem to be related to traffic mirroring, except if you have a mirror destination Ethernet port on some equipment, and you connect the Ethernet port bridged with the EoIP tunnel to that port using a patchcord. So first of all, provide a diagram showing the device(s) involved, the flow of the actual traffic, and the expected flow of the mirrored traffic. Also the other end of the EoIP tunnel needs to be shown on the diagram, especially if it is a CHR.

raminmalek
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:54 am

Thanks For Reply I get Traffic In EOIP Tunnel Add EOIP and INterface to the Bride But donnot Get Traffic on the physical Interface attach picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:34 pm

Post an anonymized export of the configuration of the router where this happens.

raminmalek
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:09 am

add bridge=UDR-Brid broadcast-flood=no hw=no interface=ether1-UDR-Brid \
unknown-multicast-flood=no unknown-unicast-flood=no
add bridge=UDR-Brid broadcast-flood=no interface=Tunnel-UDR-Brid \
unknown-multicast-flood=no unknown-unicast-flood=no

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:51 am

If the traffic that arrives via the EoIP tunnel is a copy of some source traffic (which is what mentioning SPAN in the topic title suggests), the destination MAC addresses of that traffic are not those of the device(s) connected to ether1-UDR-Brid. Therefore, setting broadcast-flood, unknown-unicast-flood, and unknown-multicast-flood on the /interface bridge port row for ether1-UDR-Brid to no prevents the bridge from egressing that traffic via this port. See https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... t_Settings for details.