Community discussions

MikroTik App

kwickster85
just joined
Topic Author

Xbox and other beginner issues

Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:05 pm

I decided to get the hEX S to solve a latency issue during my xbox game sessions but now I am having disconnect issues. Admittedly I am in over my head with this beautiful router. I attempted the UPNP enable where ether1, from modem, is the external interface and ether2 is the internal, ether2 is connected to bridged mode wireless router.
Comcast ISP.
kwickster85-Config.rsc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Xbox and other beginner issues  [SOLVED]

Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:26 pm

Well I hope the SSH port showing in the config is not the real one, and if so just change it...........and ensure its not included in future posts.
UPNP is a router service (like DNS) and thus besides the settings I believe you have to enable it for your pc you need to allow it to access the router.
Also stating the internal interface is eth2, may not suffice,
Try using the bridge as the interface there.

For input rules
add chain=input action=accept protocol=udp dst-port=1900 in-interface=bridge source-address=IP_of_your_computer

If that does work and there are multiple players then you may wish to consider creating a firewall address list.
add chain=input action=accept protocol=udp port=1900 in-interface=bridge source-address-list=gamers_xbox

In any case the default rules allow pretty much everything from the LAN to the router, and thus it should have worked as you have set it up.
Last edited by anav on Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

kwickster85
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Xbox and other beginner issues

Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:18 am

Try using the bridge as the interface there.
So that seemed to have worked. Thanks a lot.
changing the upnp interface has changed my NAT on xbox from Moderate to Open
upnp.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RoccoFigueroa
just joined

Re: Xbox and other beginner issues

Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:41 pm

Connect the cord directly bypassing the wireless router to make the connection stable. If not, change router configuration. Try changing the DNS settings if you have a dynamic IP and specify a static IP address.