Community discussions

MikroTik App

okli
just joined
Topic Author

hap ac3 + devolo WIFI repeater can't get IP from DHCP

Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:47 pm

Hi,

I have hap ac3 router configured on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz and additionally as DHCP server. This setup works without issues. I've added now one devolo WiFi Repeater+ ac to increase the signal strength in the working room. The repeater is configured also in mesh mode. In general everything works fine - the clients can connect interchangeably either to the router or to the repeater, the only problem is that when connecting to the repeater no IP config can be obtained from the DHCP server. Or better said sporadically this works - I think when the repeater is restarted, the first device obtains successfully IP config and afterwards it doesn't work anymore. I can see the leases on the router, also I can't see any dropped packets on the firewall. The DHCP server is left with the default config, the wireless config is also the default one. The devolo "support" advised me to reset the device ;-( - I even tried it out but this didn't help as expected. Both the router and the devolo devices are on the latest firmware - v7.6 on the router.

Any ideas what this could be or how can I deeper analyse the problem? I am not networking guru, but have experience to some extent.

Thanks!