Community discussions

MikroTik App

frog14
just joined
Topic Author

Help with Mikrotik LTE products!

Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:03 pm

I'm totally new to the LTE stuff but have been using Mikrotik products for years and I love them. I have a hard time trying to understand what device I need by looking at the product list.

My situation:
  • I live in a big city in a high story building (there are lots of them around my location)
  • I cannot see any telecom antennas/BS from my balcony
  • The signal is quite poor - my Pixel 5 phone shows 3/4 bars connection quality in a few specific places of my flat only.
  • During power outages the connection quality drops from 4g(LTE) to H+/H/E (my guess is that the base stations go into a power saving mode and a lot of people try to use the mobile internet)
  • There is no 5G in my country (Ukraine), only LTE. I did quick research and here's what bands are used: 4G LTE-FDD B3/B7/B8

I want to improve the connection quality as much as possible, it's very vital for me

I'm thinking to buy a dedicated Mikrotik LTE device. And maybe a mANT LTE 5o antenna to improve the connection further. As I understand the antenna is 360 wide, which should help in my situation where I have no BS in sight, I guess. The device will be placed either on the balcony or inside a room (I'll find the best spot) and I don't mind if it's in an outdoor enclosure. Access point functionality is nice to have but I'm OK if it's ethernet only. POE is also a nice to have and I do want as lower power consumption as possible because I plan to add some sort of DC UPS to the setup.

Money is no concern - I do need to improve my chances of better LTE connectivity no matter what.

What product should I choose? Thanks in advance!

pothi

Re: Help with Mikrotik LTE products!

Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:54 am

ATL LTE18 kit is probably the best LTE product available right now. Supports B3/B7/B8.
And maybe a mANT LTE 5o antenna to improve the connection further. As I understand the antenna is 360 wide
This is new info to me. Thanks.

frog14
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:15 am

ATL LTE18 kit is probably the best LTE product available right now. Supports B3/B7/B8.
This looks good but it's not available in my country yet. Asked a friend of mine to order it in Germany, now waiting for it to be delivered and resent to me.
Thanks, mate!

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:12 pm

I'm totally new to the LTE stuff but have been using Mikrotik products for years and I love them. I have a hard time trying to understand what device I need by looking at the product list.

My situation:
  • I live in a big city in a high story building (there are lots of them around my location)
  • I cannot see any telecom antennas/BS from my balcony
  • The signal is quite poor - my Pixel 5 phone shows 3/4 bars connection quality in a few specific places of my flat only.
  • During power outages the connection quality drops from 4g(LTE) to H+/H/E (my guess is that the base stations go into a power saving mode and a lot of people try to use the mobile internet)
  • There is no 5G in my country (Ukraine), only LTE. I did quick research and here's what bands are used: 4G LTE-FDD B3/B7/B8

I want to improve the connection quality as much as possible, it's very vital for me

I'm thinking to buy a dedicated Mikrotik LTE device. And maybe a mANT LTE 5o antenna to improve the connection further. As I understand the antenna is 360 wide, which should help in my situation where I have no BS in sight, I guess. The device will be placed either on the balcony or inside a room (I'll find the best spot) and I don't mind if it's in an outdoor enclosure. Access point functionality is nice to have but I'm OK if it's ethernet only. POE is also a nice to have and I do want as lower power consumption as possible because I plan to add some sort of DC UPS to the setup.

Money is no concern - I do need to improve my chances of better LTE connectivity no matter what.

What product should I choose? Thanks in advance!
LTAP Mini, can be powered via usb or poe or dc
Quectel EM12-G
mANT LTE 5o