Community discussions

MikroTik App

Techsystem
Topic Author

unknown error in my log

Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:45 am

Hello my friends..!
so i have a couble of question here.
first when i enter to my mikrotik via winbox i get this error message -(see the figure-1 below the red line: login failuer for user admin from 172.33.0.2)- yet i enter normaly without any password error or any other delay
also i get this ipsec error message -(see the figure-2 below also the red line error in log )-. however, i didnt setup any ipsec tunnel on my mikrotik. does this refer to any attemp to attack my machines..?
please advise me.
figure-2 is the first picture
figure-1 is the second picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Techsystem on Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: unknown error in my log

Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:27 am

When you show is such a screendump of an entire log window you can at least tell us the line numbers of the messages you are worried about!
When you do not use IPsec and you still get these messages (which are portscans to find who uses IPsec to use for later attack) your firewall is configured wrong.

Techsystem
Topic Author

Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:23 pm

When you show is such a screendump of an entire log window you can at least tell us the line numbers of the messages you are worried about!
When you do not use IPsec and you still get these messages (which are portscans to find who uses IPsec to use for later attack) your firewall is configured wrong.
Hello Mr.pe1chl.. so please if you can advise me on how can i prevent such scan ..?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:12 pm

Depends on your device. What router model do you have?
In some devices there is a default firewall which protects you. In other devices (CCR, CHR, RB1100) there is no default firewall and you have to make one yourself.

Techsystem
Topic Author

Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:03 pm

Depends on your device. What router model do you have?
In some devices there is a default firewall which protects you. In other devices (CCR, CHR, RB1100) there is no default firewall and you have to make one yourself.
so my router is RB951ui..so the default firewall on it can protect me against such scan...??
well do you know the specific rulle that i ahve to apply in my case ...?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:36 pm

I advise you to update your device to the newest version (when you are running v6.xx remain within v6 so install 6.49.7).
After that, reset your device to factory defaults. The firewall will then be OK.

Techsystem
Topic Author

Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:12 pm

I advise you to update your device to the newest version (when you are running v6.xx remain within v6 so install 6.49.7).
After that, reset your device to factory defaults. The firewall will then be OK.
so that's why i asked you for the specific rule, well there is no way to reset this device. despite the different rules on it, this device istalled in a very buzy place.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:46 pm

In that case, buy a new and faster router, do as above, build the config again (do not touch the firewall) and replace the router at a convenient time.
Especially when you have "a very busy place", having such an outdated and underpowered router probably is not a good idea, and you can keep it as a spare.