Community discussions

MikroTik App

AndreaVee
just joined
Topic Author

Separate guest WiFi from LAN cable connection on hAP ac

Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:40 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a network in a hotel and can't find the way to make the correct configuration.

This is the situation:

The system is running on:
Cloud Core Router CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+ with optical fiber connected to some Cloud Router Switch CRS 317-1G-16S+ and CRS 326-24S-2Q-RM controlling several hAP ac situated in different rooms. On the APs the CAPsMAN function is ON.

Here is the request, I need to set all the APs to work this way:

1) Guest WiFi open with a login portal for authentication redirecting on a welcome page, for those using a phone (already DONE)
2) Ports 2-3-4-5 to be free to use for guests that need a cable connection for every kind of device such as PC, TV, Playstation or other (they don't have to authenticate on the portal but to connect directly to the internet cause I can't manually login or whitelist all the devices all the times).

The problem is:

At the moment if I connect a Smart TV with the cable on port 2 it doesn't go on the internet cause is sent to the login portal and can't go on. It works only if I go on the TV internet browser (Samsung) and digit the login portal address. But I can't go in every room and I can't know if a guest brings a new device + if the property one day decides to change some TVs it won't work anymore...
I tried by making 2 VLAN but TVs still pass by the authentication portal :-(
There must be something missing in the configuration.

The question is:

How can I separate the WiFi interface to be used as guest WiFi from the ethernet ports to be used as "private" LAN with cable connection?
Can I make this configuration only on the Cloud Core Router and transfer it automatically to all the APs with the CAPsMAN or I have to manually make the configuration on every single AP?

Thank you very much.