Community discussions

MikroTik App

ajgnet
Topic Author

Is it possible to use QoS on an interface with L3hw offload enabled?

Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:34 pm

Hello, I am using a CCR2116-12G-4S+ w/ hardware offload via fasttrack enabled. I'd like to set up QoS (fq_codel or cake) for upload and download traffic on the interface. Is this possible without turning l3hw offload off? Thank you

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Is it possible to use QoS on an interface with L3hw offload enabled?

Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:57 pm

No.

DudeBeFishing
just joined

Re: Is it possible to use QoS on an interface with L3hw offload enabled?

Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:55 am

It will disable hardware offload on the WAN but local traffic should still have it enabled.

If you have symmetrical upload/download you can use 1 queue type, otherwise you'll need one for upload and one for download. You'll need to configure the bandwidth limits here. Change cake-bandwidth to about 90% of your max bandwidth. You'll also want to tweak it depending on if you're on Docsis, DSL, LTE, etc.
/queue type
add cake-bandwidth=250.0Mbps kind=cake name=cake-default
or
add cake-bandwidth=250.0Mbps kind=cake name=cake-download
add cake-bandwidth=25.0Mbps kind=cake name=cake-upload
Add the queues to the queue tree. Use the WAN's interface for the upload and the bridge for the download. I'm not sure if these bucket sizes are optimal.
/queue tree
add bucket-size=0.01 name=cake-upload packet-mark=no-mark parent=ether1 queue=cake-default
add bucket-size=0.01 name=cake-download packet-mark=no-mark parent=bridge1 queue=cake-default