Community discussions

MikroTik App

Nerdophile
just joined
Topic Author

ZTE MF79U/MF833U1 on RouterOS 7.x?

Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:47 pm

Hello,

So far I've been using Huawei E3372 as a backup connection solution for some installations and it works good; however, it seems that availability of these devices is basically non-existent now, at least in my country. I've checked the wiki page for supported cellular modems, yet, no luck with other models as well.

Has anyone tried out ZTE MF79U or MF833U1 on a Mikrotik device? It seems like those are my only available solutions right now. I think I've seen a forum post mentioning the latter, but I'd like to make sure and eventually know your experience or eventual issues with these modems.

nxtstp19
just joined

Re: ZTE MF79U/MF833U1 on RouterOS 7.x?

Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:02 am

Hello,
I had bought ZTE MF79U and for the first time this modem connected to my Mikrotik it worked normally with packets flow through, but was no accessible neither of options of upgrade firmware and cellular status. But after I had connect modem to my notebook, it now do not working in Mikrotik - control page 192.168.0.1 do not accessible, traffic do not going through and interface LTE created and ip addresses on mikrotik received by DHCP.