Community discussions

MikroTik App

brixsat
Topic Author

ethernet usb adapter

Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:16 pm

Hello

Can anyone recomend a good ethernet usb adapter compatible with mikrotik?

Ont that is able to do netinstall and show neighbors in the winbox tab.

I have the following https://www.tp-link.com/pt/home-network ... ry/ue300c/ and is crap, does not work.

Gigabit is not important.

PS: Can be regular usb or usb type c.

Thanks in advance

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: ethernet usb adapter

Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:22 pm

Netinstall is always limited to single ethernet port ... either management/boot port (on select device models) or ether1. And it's not selectable.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:50 pm

Netinstall is always limited to single ethernet port ... either management/boot port (on select device models) or ether1. And it's not selectable.
While I've also initially thought the OP asks for an USB Ethernet adaptor to be connected to the Mikrotik via USB, the requirement for ability to see neighbors in Winbox and the admittance of USB C connector suggest that he actually needs one for a PC.

I have good experience with Axago ones (that support even VLANs if used on Hyper-V). Right now I have connected a mAP lite to Axago ADE-SG, Winbox can see the mAP lite among neighbors, and I can connect to it using Winbox. I'm not going to try netinstall as it would require too much fiddling, but it's all IP traffic (including MNDP which is normally sufficient for neighbor discovery by Winbox), so I suspect the issue with the UE300C may not be Mikrotik specific.

However, gadgets available in my country may not be available in OP's country, so the value of this information may be limited.

brixsat
Topic Author

Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:56 am

Yes its true its for the pc. I was not clear.

Sorry for the confusion.

Will give a go to the Axago ADE-SG, for 17$ its cheap try.

Thanks